The UNINSTALL Application feature can be found in the Group Policy settings, under the Threat Prevention > Vulnerability Mgmt Tab.
The UNINSTALL APPLICATION feature that the Heimdal dashboard offers is an efficient way of getting applications removed from all machines that are part of the GP.
This tool removes most of the applications that Heimdal™ Threat Prevention - Endpoint Enterprise is monitoring and also uninstalls other software that are present on the computer and are outside Heimdal™ Threat Prevention - Endpoint t Enterprise’s Patching environment.
To uninstall the software, these are the steps you need to follow:
1. Go to https://dashboard.heimdalsecurity.com
2. From the Top Menu click Group Policy and open the Group Policy in which you want to apply the changes
3. Navigate to the Heimdal™ Threat Prevention - > Vulnerability Mgmt Tab and open it
4. In the right part of the window, you have the Uninstall Application feature
5. To uninstall an application from your environment you just need to type the name of the software you want to uninstall it. For example 7-Zip x64
6. Once you have typed the name (1) of the application press the Add (2) button and the application will be added to the uninstall list (3).
7. The last step is to scroll down and press the Update button and the policy will be updated with the new settings.
- The application name that is written by you, has to match the exact name of the application from the Control Panel. Example: If you just write 7-zip, Heimdal™ Threat Prevention will search for all the applications that are named 7-Zip, 7-Zip x64 will not be detected, therefore, it will not be uninstalled
- If the "Starts with" option is enabled, Heimdal™ Threat Prevention will search for all the applications that start with 7-Zip and will uninstall them. Let's take a more concluded example if you just type Adobe in the uninstall input and enable Starts with the option, Heimdal™ Threat Prevention will uninstall all the applications that start with Adobe, for example, Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Shockwave, Adobe Photoshop etc.
For this feature to successfully uninstall an application, there are some requirements. The software in question must have a Key entry in the registry or an uninstall string that has the value data MsiExec.exe.
The registry key is located HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ “The key”
The registry key is located HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ “The key”
Software that does NOT have a Key entry or UninstallString MsiExex.exe are not eligible for this feature.
NOTE! The only ".EXE" software that can be uninstalled using this feature, are those that have the key QuietUninstallString (instead of UninstallString) in registry directory.
An example of software that has a QuietUninstallString is GIMP:
An example of the software that can be uninstalled:
1. .NET Framework (on Windows 7)
3. Acronis Disk Director
4. Adobe AIR
5. Adobe Flash Player 23 NPAPI
6. Adobe Flash Player 23 PPAPI
7. Adobe Illustrator
8. Adobe Photoshop
9. Adobe Reader XI
10. Adobe Refresh Manager
11. Adobe Shockwave Player 12.2
12. Advanced Installer
13. Apple Application Support
14. Apple Mobile Device Support
15. Apple Software Update
16. Azure Storage Explorer 6
18. Classic Shell
19. Exe to MSI Converter Pro
20. Foxit Reader
21. Google Chrome
22. Google Drive
24. Java 8
26. Kaspersky Anti-Virus
27. Kaspersky Secure Connection
29. Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013
30. Microsoft Silverlight
34. Skype Click to Call
35. Snagit 12
For any issues that might occur please contact us at email@example.com