There are often times when new releases (especially the Release Candidates versions) might come with a bug that is not discovered in the testing phase or is related to corner cases that are specific to certain environments. Bugs are easily fixed if we understand what causes them and how they can be replicated. By helping us collect all the relevant information and investigate the issue, you can speed up the bug-fixing process to a shorter amount of time. In order to help us with a bug that is discovered in our products/services, make sure you go through the following steps:
1. Before contacting the HEIMDAL Security Support Team make sure that: you have read the product/service documentation (or knowledge base) and that this is not caused by a misconfiguration of the product/service.
2. Please offer an answer to the following questions:
- How many endpoints are affected (an approximate number)?
- When did the issue start occurring?
- Has anything changed since it started occurring?
- What is the hostname of the affected endpoint(s) (at least 1-2 are needed)?
- How is the issue/bug being replicated (describe the steps that are needed to be performed in order to replicate the issue)?
3. When reporting the issue/bug to the HEIMDAL Security Support Team, make sure that: you have collected the Heimdal Logs (from the affected endpoint) and that you have added snippets/screenshots to illustrate the issue.