In order to have a good experience using the HEIMDAL™ Security services and the HEIMDAL™ Mobile Device Mgmt module, we recommend you take a look at the following information:
Easily control your devices
Right now we have implemented a new licensing option in our services, where, using only a mobile app, you will be able to control all of your devices.
This new feature can be found in the Dashboard, under Endpoint Settings view, under your Android group policies:
By editing one of your group policies, under Heimdal™ Next-Gen Antivirus, Firewall & MDM module you will find the new option: Mobile device management.
- Enable MDM - this feature allows the user to activate the module itself
- Enable Locate Device - this feature allows the user to locate remotely the mobile devices
- Enable Lock Devices - this feature allows the user to remotely lock the mobile devices. Here you will find Fallback Lock Password option - that should be required when Enable Lock Device is checked, to avoid corner cases when the admin tries to lock a device and the user has no lock screen password set
- Enable Wipe Device - this feature allows you to remotely wipe the data from your mobile devices.
Active Clients View
With only a quick scan on your mobile app, your device is going to show up at Client Specifics (Android).
- The map shows the last retrieved location of the device and when it was retrieved
- The Refresh Device Location button sends a location request to the device and tries to retrieve the current location
- The Lock Device button sends a lock request to the device (has confirmation pop-up)
- The Wipe Device button sends a wipe request to the device (has confirmation pop-up)
There are fields in the machine view -> General that are empty (no data shown).
This is because the mobile agent cannot read this data from the device and display it in the dashboard, due to Android limitations.