In this article, you will learn how to use the Infinity Management module to deploy your own 3rd Party Application(s) to the endpoints from your organization. The HEIMDAL Agent can deploy any 3rd Party Application (through Infinity Management) that does support silent installation (Infinity Management cannot deploy 3rd Party Applications that do NOT allow silent installation / silent installation arguments/parameters used in Command-Prompt).
1. Encrypting a 3rd Party Application
2. Uploading the encrypted file to your Private Patching Storage
3. Configuring the 3rd Party Application for deployment
Encrypting a 3rd Party Application
1. To encrypt a 3rd Party Application, you need to download and run the HEIMDAL Encryption Tool (which can be downloaded from the HEIMDAL Dashboard -> Products -> Patch & Asset Management -> Infinity Management -> View Private Patching Storage -> Download HEIMDAL Encryption Tool).
2. Run the HEIMDAL Encryption Tool, browse for the file that follows to be encrypted, and press ENCRYPT.
3. The encrypted file will be generated in the same path location as the original file or in the output path (if selected) with the .enc extension.
Uploading the encrypted file to your Private Patching Storage
1. The HEIMDAL Private Storage is available if you log in to the HEIMDAL Dashboard and access Products -> Patch & Asset Management -> Infinity Management -> View Private Patching Storage.
2. Upload the encrypted file to your Private Patching Storage by pressing the Upload File button and by importing the file.
Configuring the 3rd Party Application for deployment
1. Once the 3rd Party Application is uploaded to the Private Patching Storage, you can create the application in Infinity Management, by going back in the Infinity Management view and by hitting the Add New App button.
- Specify the name of the application;
- Specify the Architecture;
- Specify the custom expression (the custom expression must match the Application's name, just like it is displayed in Control Panel - Programs and Features).
2. Configure the patch.
- Select the encrypted patch from the dropdown menu;
- Specify the version number (the version number must be identical with the one version number displayed in Control Panel - Programs and Features);
- Specify the silent installation argument;
- Infinity Management allows you to run specific command lines before installing the application or after installing the application.
3. Select the Operating Systems where you want to deploy the batch script and press Save Patch.
If you want to deploy the configured 3rd Party App to a Windows Server endpoint, you must know that the Windows versions are built on the same OS platforms as the Windows PC versions and are the equivalent of the following:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (32-bit) - Win7 x86;
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit) - Win7 x64;
- Windows Server 2012 (32-bit) - Win8 x86;
- Windows Server 2012 (64-bit) - Win8 x64;
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (32-bit) - Win81 x86;
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (64-bit) - Win81 x64;
- Windows Server 2016 (32-bit) - Win10 x86;
- Windows Server 2016 (64-bit) - Win10 x64;
- Windows Server 2019 (32-bit) - Win10 x86;
- Windows Server 2019 (64-bit) - Win10 x64;
- Windows Server 2022 - Win10 x64.