In order to set your Outbound Office 365 e-mail to go through Heimdal™ Email Security and be scanned, you will need to set up a connector and a mail rule to redirect all outbound emails to Heimdal™ Email Security.
NOTE: your SPF record must be set up on your DNS before creating the connector. Here is the SPF record that you need to add: include: spf-esec.heimdalsecurity.com
Example: v=spf1 include:spf-esec.heimdalsecurity.com -all
CREATING THE CONNECTOR
1. Log in to your Exchange Admin Center. From here, navigate to Mail flow -> Connectors.
2. Create a new connector with the following settings:
3. Give it a name and a description.
4. Set the use of connector to: Only when I have a transport rule set up that redirects messages to this connector.
5. Select Route email through these smart hosts and add the following the following smarthost:
- eu-esec-outbound.heimdalsecurity.com (port 25, 587, 2525);
- us-esec-outbound.heimdalsecurity.com (port 25, 587, 2525);
- uk-esec-outbound.heimdalsecurity.com (port 25, 587, 2525);
6. Select Always use Transport Layer Security (TLS) to secure the connection (recommended) with the Issued by a trusted certificate authority (CA).
7. On validating this connector page you should choose an external valid email address where it will test and check if emails can be sent through Heimdal™ Email Security with success. Once the validation is complete go ahead and save your settings.
CREATING THE RULE
1. Navigate to Mail flow -> Rules and press Add a rule that will route all messages through our newly created connector.
2. Set the rule conditions by giving it a name and by selecting the following rules:
Apply this rule if: The sender is external/internal (The sender is located InOrganization).
Do the following: Redirect the message to the following connector (route the message using the following connector (Heimdal - Email Security - Outbound flow).
3. Leave the Rule settings just like that.
4. Review and Finish.
After completing these steps all outbound emails from your organization should flow through Heimdal™ Email Security.