In this article, you will find the steps that you need to perform in order to install the HEIMDAL Agent on a macOS machine using the Full Installer (offline installer) and the silent installation method.
1. Installing the HEIMDAL Agent
2. Installing the HEIMDAL Agent silently
Installing the HEIMDAL Agent
1. Log in to the HEIMDAL Dashboard (Production or RC) and download the HEIMDAL Agent (for macOS) from the Guide section -> Download and Install tab:
2. Locate the HeimdalPackage.pkg file on your computer, run the installer and press Continue.
3. Press Continue to accept the License Agreement.
- You can switch between the 4 languages available: English, Korean, Danish, and German;
- You also have the options of printing it or saving it as a PDF on the disk;
4. After accepting the EULA, select the destination where the HEIMDAL Agent should be saved and press Continue.
- This will allow you to choose on which disk to install the application and also provides information about the required free space;
- The main HD will be selected by default;
5. Press Install to proceed with the Installation.
6. When prompted for credentials, please type in the username and password and click Install Software. This is necessary because the installer requires elevated privileges in order to configure the real-time protection services.
7. After getting the success message, click Close to finish the installation. The HEIMDAL Agent will automatically start.
In order to open the HEIMDAL™ Agent window, you must click on the Tray icon in the upper right corner of the screen:
8. This will open the HEIMDAL Agent, which requires activation with the HEIMDAL license key provided by your Account Manager. (Note: you must have internet access in order for the activation to work).
9. After the approval of the HEIMDAL license key, all of the protection services will start immediately and you will have access to the HEIMDAL Agent features.
- The HEIMDAL Agent application CANNOT be closed since it is necessary to always run in order to provide real-time protection. You can, however, minimize the window, or hide it by clicking the Tray icon. In order to bring it back up, simply click the Tray icon again;
- You can also find the HEIMDAL Agent app in the Launchpad, along with all the other installed applications.
Installing the HEIMDAL Agent (silently)
1. Log in to the HEIMDAL Dashboard (Production or RC) and download the HEIMDAL Agent (for Mac) from the Guide section -> Download and Install tab:
2. Open the Terminal window (Note: it will ask for your user's password) and run the command line below:
2. Rename the application's filename with the HEIMDAL license key using the command line below:
mv HeimdalPackage-rc.pkg xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx.pkg
(We rename the filename to add the HEIMDAL license key to the installer. The filename format should be the following: xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx.pkg , where xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx is your HEIMDAL license key)
3. To install the HEIMDAL Agent, please run the command line below:
sudo installer -pkg xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx.pkg -target /path/to/file
(if the current user has a password, a new step is required to fill in the password so the install process can run)
4. After hitting Enter, the product will be installed silently. The expected return should be the one below:
5. After the installation, the HEIMDAL Agent will appear in the Tray.