In order to install the Heimdal Security Thor Agent app, you must run the “HeimdalPackage.pkg” file.
The files can be downloaded from here:
- Release candidate: https://heimdalprodstorage.blob.core.windows.net/setup-mac/HeimdalPackage-rc.pkg
After running the installer, you will be guided through multiple steps:
- Click continue to begin the installation.
- The next screen will provide you with the License agreement.
- You can switch between the 4 languages available: English, Korean, Danish and German
- You also have the options of printing it or saving it as a PDF on the disk
- After accepting the EULA, a new screen will appear
- This will allow you to choose on which disk to install the application and also provides information about the required free space
- The main HD will be selected by default
- Clicking “Continue” will take you to an additional screen with information about the product
- Clicking “Install” will prompt you for your user password. This is necessary because the installer requires elevated privileges in order to configure the real-time protection services
- After introducing your password, the installation process starts. Wait for it to finish…
- When the installation is finished it will display a success message and the ThorAgent app will automatically start
- In order to open the ThorAgent window, you must click on the Tray icon in the upper right corner of the screen
- This will open the agent in the middle of the screen where you will be forced to insert your License Key (Note: you must have internet access in order for the activation to work)
- After the License Key has been approved all of the protection services will start immediately and you will have access to the ThorAgent features
- In the main overview screen, you can see general information about your computer’s health, for how many days your license is available and the current version of your product
- You can also request a new scan by clicking the “SCAN” button in the middle of the screen
- Note that the ThorAgent application cannot be closed since it is necessary to always run in order to provide real-time protection. You can, however, minimize the window, or hide it by clicking the Tray icon. In order to bring it back up, simply click the Tray icon again.
- You can also find the ThorAgent app in the Launchpad, along with all the other apps installed