- Locate the HeimdalSetupLauncher.exe installer.
- Double click on the HeimdalSetupLauncher.exe file.
- Once you double click on the installer, Heimdal Security will start to install as in the photo bellow:
- Windows will give you a UAC (User Account Control) security warning. For Windows Vista/7/8 UAC warning click on the Yes button.
- In the next window, Heimdal will show you the default install location and provide you with the option to customize this location. You’ll also find a link to the End User License Agreement here, which we recommend you read.
- In the next step, Heimdal will ask for your license key, in case you purchased a Heimdal PRO subscription (How can I get a License Key?). If you don’t have a key and you’ve downloaded Heimdal FREE, just choose the second option (I want to activate Heimdal FREE) to move on to the next step.
- If your email address is valid, you will receive the “Activation is complete” message, and get information about the type of license you have and its corresponding expiration date. Click on “Install” to finish the installation process.
- Once the installation process is completed, you will receive the “Installation successful” message.
- Once you click on “Finish”, the installation process will be complete Heimdal will appear on the right side of your taskbar.
After the installation is finished the "Configure your Heimdal..." Wizard will appear.
1. In the first window, you need to press the "Start Now" button so that you can start the configuration.
2. In the second window, you'll be asked to select what software you want to monitor/autoupdate.
a. You can let the Autopilot do the job for you (this is what we recommend)
This means Heimdal will detect what software you have installed and it will monitor and autoupdate them if is necessary.
b. You can select the Custom option
That means that you can manually check what software you want only to Monitor or what software you want to Monitor and Autoupdate.
see also Monitor Vs Monitor And AutoUpdate
Once you've selected the options that suit you press the "Next" button.
3. In the third window, you can select what notification Heimdal should display for you.
a. If the Balloon Notifications is set to OFF, you will never receive any notifications.
b. If the Balloon Notifications is set to ON, you can select for what changes you'll like Heimdal to notify you.
Each notification has two help buttons:
- if you press the blue info button, you'll see a description of that notification
- if you press the green eye button, you can see how the notification looks like
After you finish with this settings, press the "Got it" button and the customization is over.