In this article, you will find about the process of HEIMDAL Dashboard customer creation, useful for Distributors and Resellers, as well as how to manage licensing options for these types of customers. You will also get information on how to create user accounts that allow you or your customers to log in to the HEIMDAL Dashboard.
First of all, it is to be known that the HEIMDAL Dashboard has its hierarchy made with 3 types of customer accounts in mind:
- Distributor - the distributor customer account can create other reseller customer accounts and Enterprise (Corp) customer accounts (in the Admin section); the distributor cannot impersonate an Enterprise (Corp) customer and cannot perform any product configuration on reseller accounts or Enterprise (Corp) customer accounts;
- Reseller - the reseller account can create Enterprise (Corp) customer accounts (in the Admin section); the reseller can impersonate any of his Enterprise (Corp) customers and can perform product configuration changes on any of his Enterprise (Corp) customers;
- Enterprise (Corporate) Customer - the Enterprise (Corp) customer account can manage and configure the products available under his HEIMDAL license key (does not have access to the Admin section).
CREATE OR MANAGE A RESELLER
Once you log into the HEIMDAL Dashboard, click on Admin. Here you will be presented with the portal used for managing accounts under your distributor role. To create a new customer click on the Create new Customer link.
In the case of creating a Reseller account (as seen in the image), you can pin out the relevant details, such as name, revenue, number of licenses, and billing information. But here you can also select the components the Reseller can license further (Licensing Options) by checking each box as necessary. Note that Monthly Billing is needed for SPLA licensing.
CREATE OR MANAGE AN ENTERPRISE (CORPORATE) CUSTOMER
Once you log into the HEIMDAL Dashboard, click on Admin. To create a new customer click on the Create new Customer link.
For creating the Enterprise (Corp) customer, you can pin out the relevant details, such as name, email, number of licenses, and billing information. But here you can also select which components are to be licensed to that specific customer, by checking each box as necessary. Note that Monthly Billing is needed for SPLA licensing.
Here you can also generate or update the license key that the customer will use. Click on ADD KEY (or click the key itself if editing an existing customer) to generate a key and choose parameters such as the desired expiration date.
CREATE OR MANAGE A HEIMDAL DASHBOARD USER ACCOUNT
In the HEIMDAL Dashboard, under the Accounts section, you can create and manage user accounts for any of the Reseller or Enterprise (Corp) customers. The user accounts that can be created in the HEIMDAL Dashboard the user accounts are as follows:
- Distributor user account (used to log into the distributor Dashboard);
- Reseller user account (used to log into the reseller Dashboard);
- Enterprise customer user account (used to log into the customer's Dashboard);
- Visitor user account (can log into a customer's Dashboard but cannot modify settings, only view them).
To create a new user account click the Create New Account button. You are required to set the login email address, the customer under which it will be used, as well as other information such as time zone, report generation, role, or login restrictions based on IP Address ranges.
The image below shows reports as configurable for the Reseller role.
The image below shows reports as configurable for the Enterprise (Corp) customer role.
Once the user account is created you can also edit the user claims in the Access Control tab (on the newly-created user account).