With the SecureDNS platform scheduled to be decommissioned as of March 31st, 2022, all profiles of the Customers present in the CSIS database are being migrated to the Heimdal database, under the module Threat Prevention Network.
In comparison to SecureDNS, through the Heimdal Threat Prevention Network module, we provide:
- A more accurate LogAgent;
- Faster and more stable resolvers;
- And better dashboard visibility.
In order to have access to the Threat Prevention Network module, the module must first be enabled under the License options, you must have a Dashboard account and the below changes must be performed on the servers.
1) Installing the new LogAgent
As a client of our outdated SecureDNS platform, we strongly advise you to uninstall the previous SecureDNS LogAgent and install the updated Threat Prevention Network version by following one of the links below:
You can find further documentation about the LogAgent in Heimdal Threat Prevention Network in this guide.
2) Redirecting to our new IPs
In addition to this, please redirect your forwarders to the IP addresses of the new platform. Please make sure you test these IPs beforehand to ensure that they respond to queries and that their access rules are in order.
The following outdated IP addresses will be retired:
You will need to replace them with the following IP addresses:
Should you require further guidance on how to achieve this, we have created a brief guide for you where you can choose between setting up your forwarders via GUI or PowerShell.
From now on, data about your DNS traffic will available in your account in the Heimdal Dashboard instead of the SecureDNS platform. Please note that, once you redirect the forwarders towards the new IP addresses indicated above, your DNS traffic data will disappear from the SecureDNS portal and you will be able to view it only in the Heimdal Dashboard. If you do not have a dashboard account, please contact your account manager.
Other benefits that the TPN module provides are:
- faster matching of IPs to hostnames,
- an embedded state-of-the-art AI component,
- a convenient Category Blocking functionality.
- more flexibility, as it is available on two operating systems (Windows and Ubuntu),
- more stability, as it includes a fallback mechanism for improved traffic redirection, and more.