In order to deploy the HEIMDAL Agent through a Microsoft Intune, you need the HEIMDAL Agent MSI Installer file with the Heimdal license key included (you can use the Orca software to embed the HEIMDAL license key in the MSI Installer. For more information on how to use Orca to add a license key in the MSI Installer click here).
Adding the new app in Microsoft Endpoint Manager
1. Log in to the Microsoft 365 Office Center and access the Endpoint Manager.
2. On the left-side menu, click on Apps and then on All apps to access the list of available applications.
3. Press Add to add the new app, select the Line-of-business app type and press the Select button.
4. From the Add App window, press Select app package file, browse for the App package file (on the right-side pane), and press OK.
5. Configure the app by specifying the required information in the fields below:
- Name - You can configure it to be Heimdal Thor Agent (or Heimdal Agent).
- Description - You can give it a description that will be visible in the Company Portal;
- Publisher - You can specify the publisher name: Heimdal Security;
- App install context - Device is preferred over User since the Heimdal Agent runs in the SYSTEM context;
- Ignore app version - Set this to Yes since the Heimdal Agent is automatically updated;
- Command-line arguments - Since the Heimdal Agent is deployed as a Line-of-business application (MSI Installer) you just need to add install parameters that are specific to the Heimdal Agent. /qn is the only parameter you need to add in this field in case you have the Heimdal license key embedded in the MSI Installer and this is the recommended way to configure the app. In the case where you don't have the Heimdal license key embedded in the MSI Installer, you can also use the /qn HEIMDALKEY="Your-license-key-goes-here" parameter.
6. The rest of the fields can be configured according to the preferences of each customer (but they are not mandatory) and press Next.
7. Once the application is added, you can assign it to a group or multiple groups, to a user or all users, or to a device or all devices. After you select the assignment press Next.
7. Review the configuration and press Create.
Deploying the newly-added application
Once the assignment has been configured, Intune will take care of the deployment and it will install the Heimdal Agent on the computers/devices that are selected for deployment. In case you want to force the deployment, you can follow the steps below:
1. On the computer where you want the deployment to occur, click on the Start button and then click on Settings.
2. From the Windows Settings, click on Accounts and then on Access work or school.
3. Click on the Azure AD user that you are logged in with and press the Info button.
4. To start the deployment, scroll down and press the Sync button.
5. It will take a couple of minutes until the application will be pushed by Intune onto the computer/device, but you can look in the Event Viewer Logs -> Windows Logs -> Application for an event with the MsiInstaller source that shows you when the deployment takes place.