At Heimdal™ we research and develop some of the world’s most advanced predictive technologies in order to secure organizations and users from any cyberthreat, known or unknown. However, in a continuously changing and adapting cybercrime landscape, we truly believe it is every security provider’s responsibility towards their customers and users to provide a course of action for even the most improbable events.
In the dire case that something ever occurs that compromises any of Heimdal™’s systems or services, and the connections to Heimdal™ are no longer safe, here is what you need to do to sever them until you hear from us that things are officially safe again.
1. Access your network Firewall settings and navigate to the domain and IP blocking section.
2. Set the following Heimdal™ cloud services IPs to Block, with local port 443:
3. Set the following Heimdal™ Email Security IPs to Block as well:
4. Set the following domains to Block:
- https://heimdalsecurity.com with local port 443;
- https://dashboard.heimdalsecurity.com with local port 443;
- https://rc-dashboard.heimdalsecurity.com with local port 443;
- https://coreservice.heimdalsecurity.com with local port 443;
- https://vigilance-update.heimdalsecurity.com with local port 443;
- https://rc-coreservice.heimdalsecurity.com with local port 443;
- https://heimdalprodstorage.blob.core.windows.net with local port 443;
- https://prodcdn.heimdalsecurity.com with local port 443;
- http://heimdalprodstorage.blob.core.windows.net with local port 80;
- https://mailsentry.heimdalsecurity.com with local port 443;
- https://rc-mailsentry.heimdalsecurity.com with local port 443;
- https://blockedbyheimdalsecurity.com with local port 443.
5. Contact Heimdal™ support at any of the following phone numbers:
+44 1445 700309
+45 78 75 03 37
+1 (855) 220-2405