At Heimdal™ we research and develop some of the world’s most advanced predictive technologies in order to secure organizations and users from any cyberthreat, known or unknown. However, in a continuously changing and adapting cybercrime landscape, we truly believe it is every security provider’s responsibility towards their customers and users to provide a course of action for even for the most improbable events.
In the dire case that something ever occurs that compromises any of Heimdal™’s systems or services, and the connections to Heimdal™ are no longer safe, here is what you need to do to sever them until you hear from us that things are officially safe again.
- Access your network Firewall settings and navigate to the domain and IP blocking section
- Set the following Heimdal™ cloud services IPs to Block, with local port 443:
- Set the following Heimdal™ Email Security IPs to Block as well:
- Set the following domains to Block
- https://heimdalsecurity.com with local port 443;
- https://dashboard.heimdalsecurity.com with local port 443;
- https://rc-dashboard.heimdalsecurity.com with local port 443;
- https://coreservice.heimdalsecurity.com with local port 443;
- https://vigilance-update.heimdalsecurity.com with local port 443;
- https://rc-coreservice.heimdalsecurity.com with local port 443;
- https://heimdalprodstorage.blob.core.windows.net with local port 443;
- https://prodcdn.heimdalsecurity.com with local port 443;
- http://heimdalprodstorage.blob.core.windows.net with local port 80;
- https://mailsentry.heimdalsecurity.com with local port 443;
- https://rc-mailsentry.heimdalsecurity.com with local port 443;
- https://blockedbyheimdalsecurity.com with local port 443.
- Contact Heimdal™ support at any of the following phone numbers:
+44 1445 700309
+45 78 75 03 37
+1 (855) 220-2405