Easily control your devices
Right now we have implemented a new licensing option in our services, where using only an mobile app, you will be able to control all of your devices.
This new feature can be found in the Dashboard, at the Settings view, under your Android group policies:
By editing one of your group policies, under Heimdal™ Next-Gen Antivirus & MDM module you will find the new option: Mobile device management.
- Enable MDM - this feature allows the user to active the module itself
- Enable Locate Device - this feature allows the user to locate remotely the mobile devices
- Enable Lock Devices - this feature allows the user to remotely lock the mobile devices- here you will find Fallback Lock Password option - that should be required when Enable Lock Device is checked to avoid corner cases when the admin tries to lock a device and the user has not lock screen password set
- Enable Wipe Device - this feature allows you to remotely wipe the data from your mobile devices.
Active clients view:
With only a quick scan on your mobile app, your device is going to show up at Client Specifics (android device) and under your Heimdal™ Next-Gen Antivirus & MDM module you will find the Mobile Device Management option.
- The map shows the last retrieved location of the device and when it was retrieved
- The Refresh Device Location button sends a location request to the device and tries to retrieve the current location
- The Lock Device button sends a lock request to the device (has confirmation pop-up)
- The Wipe Device button sends a wipe request to the device (has confirmation pop-up)