In this article, you will learn how to uninstall the AVIRA drivers in case you encounter issues with the Next-Gen Antivirus module.
1. First, you need to check if the old AVIRA drivers are present on the computer. You can do this by following the below path:
The name of the drivers that you need to verify are:
2. You need to check what version they have like below:
The old version:
The new version (from 2.5.300 and newer):
3. Download the attached zip file, unzip it on the computer.
4. Run as Administrator "on-access-drivers-uninstall.cmd.bat". The script will delete the files avgntflt.sys, avipbb.sys, avkmgr.sys from the computer.
5. Reboot the machine.
6. Install the new version of the HEIMDAL Agent.