In order to install the Heimdal Security Thor Agent app, you must run the “HeimdalPackage.pkg” file.
The files can be downloaded from here:
- Release Candidate: https://heimdalprodstorage.blob.core.windows.net/setup-mac/HeimdalPackage-rc.pkg
1. Open the Terminal window (Note: it will ask for your user password) and run the command line below:
2. Rename the application's filename with the Heimdal License Key using the command line below:
mv HeimdalPackage-rc.pkg xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx.pkg
(We rename the filename to add the Heimdal License Key to the installer. The filename format should be the following: xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx.pkg , where xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx is your Heimdal License Key)
3. To install Thor, please run the command line below:
sudo installer -pkg xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx.pkg -target /path/to/file
(if the current user has a password, a new step is required to fill in the password so the install process can run)
4. After hittin Enter, the product will be silently installed.