In order to install the HEIMDAL™ Agent app, you must run the “HeimdalPackage.pkg” file.
The files can be downloaded from here:
- Release Candidate: https://heimdalprodstorage.blob.core.windows.net/setup-mac/HeimdalPackage-rc.pkg
Installing the HEIMDAL™ Agent
After running the installer, you will be guided through multiple steps:
- Click continue to begin the installation;
- The next screen will provide you with the License Agreement;
- You can switch between the 4 languages available: English, Korean, Danish, and German;
- You also have the options of printing it or saving it as a PDF on the disk;
- After accepting the EULA, a new screen will appear;
- This will allow you to choose on which disk to install the application and also provides information about the required free space;
- The main HD will be selected by default;
- Clicking “Continue” will take you to an additional screen with information about the product;
- Clicking Install will prompt you for your user password. This is necessary because the installer requires elevated privileges in order to configure the real-time protection services;
- After introducing your password, the installation process starts. Wait for it to finish;
- When the installation is finished it will display a success message and the Heimdal Thor Agent app will automatically start;
In order to open the HEIMDAL™ Agent window, you must click on the Tray icon in the upper right corner of the screen:
- This will open the agent in the middle of the screen where you will be forced to insert your License Key (Note: you must have internet access in order for the activation to work);
- After the approval of the Heimdal license key, all of the protection services will start immediately and you will have access to the HEIMDAL™ Agent features;
- In the main overview screen, you can see general information about your computer’s health, how many days your license is available, and the current version of your product;
- You can also request a new scan by clicking the “SCAN” button in the middle of the screen;
- Note that the HEIMDAL™ Agent application cannot be closed since it is necessary to always run in order to provide real-time protection. You can, however, minimize the window, or hide it by clicking the Tray icon. In order to bring it back up, simply click the Tray icon again;
- You can also find the HEIMDAL™ Agent app in the Launchpad, along with all the other apps installed.
Installing the HEIMDAL™ Agent (silently)
After downloading the “HeimdalPackage.pkg” file, you can proceed with the silent installation.
1. Open the Terminal window (Note: it will ask for your user password) and run the command line below:
2. Rename the application's filename with the Heimdal license key using the command line below:
mv HeimdalPackage-rc.pkg xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx.pkg
(We rename the filename to add the Heimdal license key to the installer. The filename format should be the following: xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx.pkg , where xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx is your Heimdal license key)
3. To install Thor, please run the command line below:
sudo installer -pkg xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx.pkg -target /path/to/file
(if the current user has a password, a new step is required to fill in the password so the install process can run)
4. After hitting Enter, the product will be silently installed.