Archiving the BAT file
If you have a BAT file that you want to deploy via Asset Management, you need to use WinRar in order to create an SFX archive. Below are the steps that you need to take to make a successful deployment package.
1. Right-click on the bat file and select add to archive:
2. Make sure that you check the Create SFX archive tick-box
3. Under the Advanced tab, click the SFX options button
4. Under the SFX options, you must first select the path where you want the BAT file to be extracted
5. Under Setup, you must write the name of the BAT file, so that it will be launched after it is extracted
6. Under the Modes menu you can choose to hide the interface. (this is recommended)
Adding the SFX file to Asset Management
After you finished completing all the steps above you can then create the SFX archive. The resulting file will be a .exe file that can be afterward encrypted with the Heimdal Encryption tool and then you can create a patch in IM with this file to deploy in your organization. When creating the Heimdal Asset Management patch, please define the following silent argument: /S
After you have successfully encrypted the SFX archive you can then proceed to upload it to the Asset Management storage. After a successful upload, you will need to create the patch
You can specify any name that you want for the app and also architecture. Please note that the custom expression here does not matter since this is not a program that will be installed and it will not appear in Control Panel, so in this case. In our case, we used new as a Custom Expression.
The next step is to create the patch:
After adding the patch, we need to set the version, and, in this case, since we do not install an app, it can be anything, so I put there 1. The silent argument should be /S in this case.
The last step is to select the desired windows version and save the patch:
Now you can deploy the script through Asset Management. You must go to the desired group policy and add the new patch.
You must tick the first box so that the Heimdal Thor Agent pushes the BAT file to the PCs.