In order to deploy the HEIMDAL Agent through System Center Configuration Manager, you need the HEIMDAL Agent MSI Installer file and the HEIMDAL license key or you can use the HEIMDAL Agent MSI Installer that already includes the embedded HEIMDAL license key (you can use the Orca software to embed the Heimdal license key in the MSI Installer. For more information on how to use Orca to add a license key in the MSI Installer click here).
1. Creating the Application
2. Deploying the Application
Creating the Application
1. Open System Center Configuration Manager and navigate to Software Library and right-click Applications and select Create Application.
2. In the Create Application Wizard choose to Automatically detect information about this application from installation files, choose the Windows Installer (*.msi files) type and the location of the HEIMDAL Agent MSI Installer. (this should be in a Shared Folder). Click Next and Next again for the Important information tab.
3. On the General Information tab, specify the name of the application (Heimdal Agent in this case) and the software version. For the Installation Program field, you need to specify the silent install arguments. Here you need to add the HEIMDAL license key (if the MSI Installer does not have the HEIMDAL license key already embedded).
msiexec /i HeimdalLatestVersion.msi /qn heimdalkey="xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxx"
4. Select the desired Install behavior, click Next and Finish the package.
Deploying the Application
1. Go to System Center Configuration Manager and create a new deployment and click on the Applications tab.
2. Right-click on the newly created HEIMDAL Agent package and select Deploy.
3. In Deploy Software Wizard, select the collection where to deploy the HEIMDAL Agent.
4. In the Content tab, press the Add button to add a Distribution Point.
5. In the Deployment Settings tab, you must select the Action to Install and the Purpose to Required and click Next.
6. Finish the configuration of the Deploy Software Wizard and the deployment of HEIMDAL Agent should start on the client PCs.
If the endpoints in your environment have an older version of the HEIMDAL Agent (which didn't self-update), you can easily redeploy the latest version over the old one via SCCM. The old one will be automatically removed and your endpoint will get the latest version installed.