This article provides the required steps in resolving the issue where Thor Enterprise cannot be activated.
In order for Thor Enterprise to run and activate correctly, the WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) service and function do not need to suffer any modifications and should run as they are set by windows. WMI is a service used by Thor Enterprise to find the network adapter and set the DNS to 127.0.0.1 (Network filter).
- Go to Start> Run and type in wmimgmt.msc
- Right click on the WMI Control (Local) > Properties
3. If in General tab there is a failure note as depicted in the image below, then the problem is generated by the cimv2 namespace. For more information about the cimv2 namespace click here.
4. Open CMD as Administrator and run the following command: winmgmt /salvagerepository. This brings the WMI Repository to consistent no matter if at this moment is (inconsistent or already consistent).
5. Go to Services> WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) and restart the service.
6. In CMD (as Administrator) run the following commands one by one:
- net stop Winmgmt
- cd/D C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem
- for /F %s in ('dir / b *. dll') do regsvr32/s% s
- Move C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\Repository Repository_BAD
- net start Winmgmt
Note: The set of commands above, will stop the WMI service, then it will rename the Repository folder to Repository_BAD. Once WMI is fixed, you can delete the folder Repository Repository_BAD.
7. Go to Start> Run and type in wmimgmt.msc
8. Right click on the WMI Control (Local) > PropertiesThis will recreate a new Repository folder and will fix the issue.
9. This will recreate a new Repository folder and will fix the issue.
10. If the above steps do not work, please open CMD (as Administrator) and use the following commands in the order displayed bellow:
- sc config winmgmt start= disabled
- Net stop winmgmt
- Winmgmt /savagerepository %windir%\system32\wbem
- Winmgmt /resetrepository %windir%\system32\wbem
- Sc config winmgmt start= auto
- Shutdown /r /f /t 10 ( this command will reboot the machine)
The correct information that needs to be displayed in the WMI Control should be similar to the image below: