Heimdal Security staff is aware of the existence of this issue and the development team is working to find and implement an official fix.
As a workaround, we recommend you to do the following:
- Go to Windows Start menu and search for Services.msc and run it as administrator.
- In the list of services, the needed one is Network Location Awareness (NLA).
- Right-click on it and select Properties>Startup type need to be changed to Automatic (Delayed Start) and click Apply.
- A reboot is recommended after the changes have been applied.
This method should solve the problem and until an official fix will be found and applied.
How to deploy this change using GPO
Changing NLA service to Delayed start via GPO for multiple computers:
- Open Group Policy Management
- Edit GPO
- Computer Configuration - Preferences - Control Panel Settings - Services - Create New Service
- Run gpupdate on the DC and on the client to force the policy to get applied
- A computer reboot will change "Public Network" to "Domain Network"
The result is that this procedure will add a string in the registry: