In case the Heimdal Security Icon disappeared (For PRO and FREE users) when the computer logged into windows, please follow the following procedure:
The first method
This requires the installation of CCleaner (can be installed from Heimdal>Patching System>Recommended Software).
- Open CCleaner and select Tools (Red arrow)> Startup (green arrow)
- Once in Startup please search for the process HeimdalAgentLoader (black arrow).
- Click on the process HeimdalAgentLoader and then on top right side please click on Enable.
- Restart the computer and check if the icon appeared.
This method is managed by using Task Manager. In some cases, this method cannot be used because it’s missing the Start-up Tab. In this case please check the first method or third.
- Open Task Manger by right clicking on the Windows Task Bar:
2. Now please click on the Stat-up tab and search in the list below the process HeimdalAgentLoader. Select it and then click on Enable on the bottom right corner.
3. Restart the computer and check if the icon appeared.
For this method, please download the file called ICON FIX attached to this FAQ.
- Once downloaded Double click on it.
- Please approve/accept all the messages that will pop-up.
- Informative: This file will start running and in the background will add a String Value in Registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run)
- This will allow Heimdal icon to appear at every computer Start up.
- Restart the computer Restart the computer and check if the icon appeared.