What are the troubleshooting steps I can try when the Heimdal service is unreachable?
The first step is to open the Local services and:
1. Click Start, click in the Start Search box, type services.msc and then press ENTER.
2. Check in services.msc if the Thor services are active and running.
3. If the Heimdal Client Host service is not running, please right-click on it and choose "Restart".
4. If the service doesn't start, then you don't have the appropriate permission to do this or there is another service interfering with it.
This step is more advanced and it starts by opening Microsoft Management Console:
1. Click Start, click in the Start Search box, type mmc.exe , and then press ENTER.
2. You will be prompted by UAC (User Account Control) to allow the MMC to make changes to the computer. Click Yes to allow it.
3. From the File menu, select Add/Remove Snap-in, choose Certificates and click on Add> then tick Computer account, click Next, tick Local computer and click Finish and OK.
4. Check under Certificates (Local Computer) - Personal and Certificates (Local Computer) - Trusted People - Certificates if Thor's certificate is located there. If you cannot find Thor's certificate in any of these locations, then you have to reinstall Thor using the latest version from our website: Download Thor (secure link).