You can install Thor on computers running the following operating systems:
- Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit)
- Windows 8 (32 and 64 bit)
- Windows 8.1 (32 and 64 bit)
- Windows 10 (32 and 64 bit)
- Windows Server 2008 R2
- Windows Server 2012/2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
- MacOS 10.13 - High Sierra and above: 10.14 – Mojave and 10.15 – Catalina**
- Android 6.0 (and above)**
Thor has the following system requirements:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1
- Takes up to 400 MB disk space
- Takes 250 MB RAM
- Takes about 3% of CPU usage when blocking a domain, up to 10% when opening the agent and up to 40% during a scan to update policy
- Local administrator or domain administrator rights (if in a domain) during installations
- User rights during execution
- Internet access with the following ports open to traffic: port 80, port 53, port 443
- The recommended browser for using the Heimdal Security Dashboard is Chrome.
*If .NET Framework 4.6.1 is not already installed, Thor launcher will automatically download and install it. This does not apply to the full agent .MSI based installation.
**The Thor Vigilance module (for MacOS and Android) is planned to be released at the beginning of 2020.