The steps that you need to take:
1. We recommend you to also unplug the machine from the network in the eventuality that the situation will escalate.
2. Please perform an in-depth scan using Heimdal™ Next-Gen Antivirus & MDM antivirus.
3. While the scan is performed, open the process that is shown as being the source of the problem and try to find the issue:
- If the process shown is a browser (70%+ cases) then the problem might be extra toolbars or other browsers, gadgets or third-party software that were installed in the background with another application.
- If there are unwanted extensions and tollbars please remove/uninstall them. Make sure there is no unknown/unused/unwanted software installed in Control Panel - Programs and features.
We recommend you to scan these endpoints with an antivirus as soon as possible. If you don’t have Heimdal™ Next-Gen Antivirus & MDM enabled, get in touch with your account manager.
For further assistance please contact email@example.com