The steps that you need to take:
1. We recommend you to also unplug the machine from the network in the eventuality that the situation will escalate.
2. Please perform an in-depth scan using Thor Vigilance antivirus.
3. While the scan is performed, open the process that is shown as being the source of the problem and try to find the issue:
- If the process shown is a browser (70%+ cases) then the problem might be extra toolbars or other browsers, gadgets or third-party software that were installed in the background with another application.
- If there are unwanted extensions and tollbars please remove/uninstall them. Make sure there is no unknown/unused/unwanted software installed in Control Panel - Programs and features.
We recommend you to scan these endpoints with an antivirus as soon as possible. If you don’t have Thor Vigilance enabled, get in touch with your account manager.
For further assistance please contact email@example.com