FOR HIGH AND VERY HIGH PROBABILITY OF INFECTIONS:
1. The first thing to do is to make sure that the machine is not connected to the network. This way you can reduce the probability of the possible infection to spread.
2. Please perform an in-depth scan using Thor Vigilance antivirus.
3. While the scan is performed, open the process that is shown as being the source of the problem and try to find the issue:
- If the process shown is a browser (70%+ cases) then the problem might be extra toolbars or other browser, gadgets or third party software that were installed in the background with another software.
- If there are unwanted extensions and tollbars please remove/uninstall them. Make sure there is no unknown/unused/unwanted software installed in Control Panel - Programs and features.
4. Inform the user to keep an open eye for suspicious behaviour regarding the functionality of the process in question and the computer overall.
We recommend you to scan these endpoints with an antivirus as soon as possible. If you don’t have Thor Vigilance enabled, get in touch with your account manager.
For further assistance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org