- If Traffic Filtering is enabled when Heimdal is installed, your local DNS is changed to 127.0.0.1 and your DNS server is saved by Heimdal in the registries. Read more here: https://support.heimdalsecurity.com/hc/en-us/articles/208744905-How-does-Traffic-Scanning-work-
- If Traffic Filtering is enabled when Heimdal is installed, IPv4 Checksum Offload, which is a property of the NIC Card, will be set to disable. This was introduced to fix this issue: https://support.heimdalsecurity.com/hc/en-us/articles/213639365-Yellow-Icon-on-Broadcom-NIC
Starting with Heimdal 2.2.18, this change will not be applied anymore.
- Three new services will appear: Heimdal Client Host, Heimdal SecureDNS and Heimdal Uptime Checker, all of them set to Automatic
- Two new folders will appear, one in Program Files or Program File (x86), depending on the OS version and one in ProgramData.
- One Icon in the Taskbar
- Two certificates, one in the Personal folder and on in the Trusted People folder.