The first thing you need to know is what system is affected:
- Microsoft Windows Vista SP2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 SP2 și R2 SP1
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Microsoft Windows 8.1
- Microsoft Windows RT 8.1
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 și R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003
In order to defend the users against these new attacks that happened on 12.05.2017, Microsoft released new Security Updates packages so that all systems will be protected against such situations.
This guide will show you how to upgrade Windows to the latest Security System from Microsoft.
As an example, this guide shows how to apply the latest Security Update on Windows 7 since it’s the most used operating system after W10.
- Go to the page with the Security Update packages HERE.
- Scroll down to the operating system that you are using. In this case Windows 7 64bits.
- Click on the package you need. In this case Windows 7 for x64-based Systems Service Pack 1 (4012215) Monthly Rollup (Make sure it’s the Monthly Rollup:
- A new window will open. Select the update for the windows version that you have and press Download.
- Click on the link that will appear after you press the Download button:
- After the download is complete, run it as any other setup.
- It will ask you if you want to install the Windows software update. Press Yes and this will initialize the installation setup:
8. At the end of the installation, it will ask you to restart the computer. Restart it.
9. To check if the installation was a success you can go to Control Panel> Windows Updates> View update History (on the left side) and see if the Security Update for Windows is installed. It should have the current date in the Date Installed column.
If the update has already been applied or installed, then you will receive a message informing you about it.