In this article, you will see the reasons why GIF Transparent Proxy is NOT compatible with Threat Prevention - Endpoint's filtering engine.
- GFI Proxy is mostly used in transparent proxy mode. This means the client's machines are NOT configured to use a proxy;
- In this mode, the proxy server is placed between the local network and the internet;
- The traffic is routed directly through a gateway and the clients connecting to the internet are filtered;
- When DarkLayer Guard - Endpoint is installed on the machines, the traffic is filtered locally but it gets redirected through the same gateway GFI is using;
- GFI effectively cancels DarkLayer Guard - Endpoint's filtering because of this. The packets never reach DarkLayer Guard - Endpoint filtering engine and the requests effectively get resolved at the gateway level and not locally;
- DarkLayer Guard - Endpoint is still able to update or install software as intended but the traffic filtering will not work.